ld 600 touch dimmer,wireless 2 gang touch switch
touch switch mini project, ld 600 touch dimmer,V-Touch Keypads for Blind Control , Light Switch Touchpad , Door Bell Touchpad,
The right way to Wire A Switch Leg For A Light
A whole lot of older homes have light fixtures that should be switched on by way of a pull chord or pull chain hanging from the sunshine fixture itself. Because the sunshine fixture is generally in the middle of the room it may be really inconvenient having to walk into the middle of a dark room to tug the chain to turn the light on.
Installing a switch leg for a light fixture is a medium DIY job that may be carried out by a homeowner with a couple of simple tools, somewhat knowledge and some caution.
Follow this procedure and you will install a switch leg with ease. Installation time ought to be 3 to 4 hours.
Mark the wall for the switch position.
Identify the fuse or circuit breaker for the sunshine.
Arrange an extension light if necessary.
Gather the required tools. You’ll need a hammer, screwdriver, keyhole saw and a snake.
Gather the required stock. You will have an ld 600 touch dimmer old work box, a switch and canopy plate, madison bars, a bit of 14/2 romex, some wire nuts, electrical tape and touch up plaster.
In residential construction the joists normally run from side to side in the home spaced on 16 inch centers.
The strapping will run from front to back in the house again spaced at 16 inch centers.
This ensures that you’ll have bays to snake your wires in.
Place a drop cloth on the floor covering the work area.
1. Remove the sunshine fixture and if there’s a box take out a knockout facing in the direction where the switch is to be placed.
2. Remember that if the switch isn’t in step with the light fixture you will have to make a hole or two in the ceiling to facilitate snaking because you can not snake diagonally,
3. Run the snake from hole to hole within the ceiling drawing the 14.2 romex into the ceiling from the sunshine to the wall just above the switch.
4. You will need to make a small cut in the ceiling and wall above the switch position in order that the wire can bypass the wall header.
5. Snake the wire down the wall into the opening that you’ve got pre cut for the old work box. If you are working with lathe and plaster it is a good suggestion to put your old work box so that you just cut out one entire piece of lathe and a small piece of the laths at the highest and bottom of the old work box. You’ll be able to fix the box with Madison bars or sheet rock screws. After marking the box chip the plaster away to expose the lathe and cut the lathe neatly with the keyhole saw, holding the lathe in place so as to not make a large hole in unstable plaster.
6. Tighten the clamp in the old work box and remove the unused clamp and ld 600 touch dimmer use the screw from it to attach the bottom wire.
7. Put the white and black wires onto the switch screws, tighten and install and place cover plate on. It is best to make use of the screw terminals rather than the stab connections.
8. Identify the hot wire at the sunshine fixture and open the wire nut joining it to the fixture.
9. Using wire nuts join the white wire from the romex to the new wire at the fixture; join the black wire from the romex to the fixture wire.
10. Just be sure you connect the ground wire to the ground at the light fixture.
11. Re fix the fixture to the ceiling.
12. Make any holes within the plaster good with patch such as spackle or plaster of paris
13. Turn the power on and test the switch.
ld 600 touch dimmer